by Tasha Kates
Whether you are a diehard Marvel aficionado or a newbie to the world of S.H.I.E.L.D you must have at some point wished you could be a part of this fantastic universe – I know I have. I’ve spent a good half-hour after every Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D episode wishing I could be riding aboard the Quinjet saving the world. The show seems so real that I often wonder whether my dream will one day become a reality. Unfortunately, I don’t think that time is quite as near as I’d hope, so in the meantime, these must-haves that will make anyone feel like a true Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D will have to suffice!
1. Every agent needs a badge – how else would you get in to super-secret bases hidden in random parts of the world? This website lets you create your own S.H.I.E.L.D badge , customizable with your name, photo, access level and more – and it’s free! You can download your badge and publicize it all over social media, but a real S.H.I.E.L.D agent would surely print out this bad boy, laminate it, and carry it everywhere in their wallet!
2. In almost every episode, we are given insight to a new and crazy invention by Fitz and Simmons. Really, Fitz and Simmons are two of the coolest cats out there. One of my favorite inventions are the D.W.A.R.F.s (Drones Wirelessly Automated to Retrieve Forensics), that can seek and scan evidence at various S.H.I.E.L.D hot-spots. While you may not be able to acquire a real D.W.A.R.F, this “drone” comes pretty close. It rolls, flips, and flies and looks significantly like a D.W.A.R.F when in the air. It even has a mini camera, allowing you to survey locations!
3. Every S.H.I.E.L.D fan is familiar with Director Fury’s toolbox, now in the hands of Phil Coulson. Wouldn’t you love to have your own toolbox, to store all your information about secret missions, files on enemies and/or friends? This development in holographic technology allows you to just that. The first of its kind, your “toolbox” would be extremely handy, letting you access your information anywhere in holographic 3D.
4. Seen Avengers: Age of Ultron Yet? If not, don’t worry, I won’t spoil it for you. All I’ll say is this – you better know how to communicate over old school radio. You probably have a radio stashed somewhere in your garage, but what good is it if you don’t know how to use Morse code? This comprehensive guide explains the basics, and contains a variety of resources to some of the best Morse code tools out there. Maybe you will decide to invest in a pair of walkie-talkies too!
5. All that’s left now is mobility. It may be a while before the Quinjet becomes a reality, and unless you have your own private jet, you aren’t going to be able to fly around the world. However, with this 2-in-1 bike and motorcycle, you will be able to ride and chase bad guys when you need to, much like the wonderful Agent May! It is fingerprint activated and controlled, and is pretty much the ultimate hi-tech mode of transport for any agent.
So what are you waiting for? Go on and get some swag, and reveal the S.H.I.E.L.D agent in you!
Tasha is a freelance writer who loves to read, watch TV and concoct things in the kitchen. As a certified scuba diver, she has a passion for travel, and has had the privilege to explore some of the world’s wonderful oceans.