Hurricane Sandy reaked destruction across the East Coast last week and many folks want to know how to help. If you’re a comic book fan, here’s your chance.
Art for Sandy Relief is an effort by Jim Viscardi and Rich Gintner. Viscardi currently works at Marvel Comics in New York, while Rich left Marvel (and New York) earlier to work for Disney in California.
Both men have added art auctions to benefit those who were affected by the hurricane. For other ways, you can help, please visit the interview Comic Book Resources did with Gintner.
Some of the items up for bid include:
- Amazing Spider-Man #577 page 19 artwork by Paolo Rivera, donated personally by Rivera. If the piece raises $400 or more, he will donate another piece.
- Fear Agent #28 page 22 by Tony Moore and Mike Hawthorne, donated by Zack Rosenberg
- Batman TV Series Villains by Ejay Russell
- Doctor Doom by Tommy Lee Edwards, donated by Pat Loika
- Captain America by John Paul Leon, donated by Pat Loika