Guilty Pleasures: TV Edition

Okay, so it’s confession time again. This time I want to tell you about this t.v. show that I really did not want to admit to watching, but since you have probably seen me checked into it on GetGlue, I’ve probably been found out by now.

The show is “Pretty Little Liars” on the ABC Family network.

I can’t help it, though. Somehow I just got sucked in.

The show is about these four beautiful high school girls (who I can’t even relate to!) who have a best friend that was killed a year before the first episode begins. But the mystery involving their friend’s disappearance and subsequent death is surrounded by mystery. And the girls themselves have secrets of their own that they aren’t telling about the night their friend, Allison, disappeared.

The show is about how the secrets start piling up and then begin to unravel and about how their dead friend (hereby referred to as “A”) has seemingly come back from the grave to taunt them via text messages and dirty little tricks that mess with their heads.

Again, I did not want to like this one and only watched the first episode out of curiosity. But now I simply cannot get enough of it!

I understand that the television series is based on a series of books by Sara Shepard. I’m not sure if I’ll start reading the books yet or not. But it’s very tempting. I’m sold on the plot, obviously.

I usually don’t like murder mysteries unless there’s some supernatural element involved. So why am I chomping at the bit for next week’s episode of this series?

So now it’s your turn: what’s your guilty television pleasure?

7 thoughts on “Guilty Pleasures: TV Edition

• March 11, 2011 at 10:22 pm

just one? I have dozens…. but my all time guilty pleasure, Xena. Who doesn’t love Xena, with the leather, and the yelling and the camp? Such awesome fun.

• March 12, 2011 at 3:33 am

it’s so good and I love that the show doesn’t take itself seriously.

• March 15, 2011 at 4:41 am

I love “One tree hill” !
    I also watch “Brothers and sisters”, “Glee”, “Gossip girl”, “90210” and “American idol”.
    I liked first 3 seasons of “Californication” but this 4th season sucks.

new show for me is “The good wife”, saw all episodes that showed so far and it’s great!
    another thing I started watching is “Celebrity apprentice”, that’s fun.

• March 15, 2011 at 4:51 am

I’m quite a fan of the Good Wife, it doesn’t seem like my sort of show but something keeps me watching, I wonder if it being a Ridley Scott show has something to do with that…. though his past work (Alien) has little to do with this current work

• March 15, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Wait. Ridley Scott has something to do with The Good Wife? I keep meaning to watch it because I love Julianna Margolies.

• March 15, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I am so addicted to Glee! I am actually thinking about watching the first season of Californication as someone else told me I would probably like it.

%d bloggers like this: